Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Nationwide... Nightmare

So...

I flew up for a nice weekend at Hartebeespoortdam.

I bought some beer and some more liqour for the weekend. I could not drink all of it unfortunately.

The flight back to Cape Town was delayed by 2:30, and when I arrived at Cape Town International my bags were among the many that was not delivered.

I was promised that I would have the bags by 10:00 on the monday morning. By 10:00, no one had phoned me to tell me about the progress, so I phoned them. The bags had arrived in Cape Town!

I was promised that my bags would get to me before 12:00 initially and then when I phoned again, it was said I will have it by 5.

At 5 o'clock I called again, and I told the girl I expected to be phoned within an hour to tell me what happened to my bags. I was not optimistic... for good reasons. No-one phoned... and when *I* phoned this morning 8:30, the person who dealt with lost luggage was not in yet. I did not receive a phone call. I did receive an email reply to my SECOND complaint made through the webpage.

The manager said he'll get into it and told me to that if I did not receive it by noon I should let him know. At noon I phoned.

He must have done something then, because it arrived here at 1:00... roughly. The alcohol had all been removed from my bag. 13 Imported Beers (Amstel is imported nowadays) and a bottle gin.

There was one beer remained in the bag... It had a gash in, and presumably it leaked out... because my bag was WET.

I'm gatvol...

No comments: